Falls of Sound has a contract in place with Australian Government Hearing Services Program.
How does it work?
The Australian Government Hearing Services Program (the Program), funds the Office of Hearing Services (the Office) to manage the issuing of vouchers to eligible clients so you can access a range of hearing services.
Included hearing services:
- an extensive hearing assessment completed by a qualified hearing practitioner ;
- access to a wide range of quality hearing devices, made by leading manufacturers;
- once fitted, you will receive advice on how to maximise the benefit from your new hearing device;
- hearing rehabilitation services ands support, will be accessed even if a hearing device is not suitable to your hearing needs;
- access to an optional annual maintenance agreement where, for a small fee, you can receive repairs and batteries to support your hearing device.
Who is eligible for a Free Hearing Test?
You are eligible to apply for a Hearing Services Voucher which entitles you to a free hearing test if you are an Australian Citizen or permanent resident 21 years or older and you are:
- a Pensioner Concession Card Holder;
- receiving Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- the holder of a Gold Repatriation Health Card issued for all conditions;
- the holder of a White Repatriation Health Card issued for conditions that include hearing loss;
- a dependent of a person in one of the above categories;
- a member of the Australian Defence Force; or
- undergoing an Australian Government funded disability management services and you are referred by your disability employment services case manager.
How do I apply?
If you are eligible to apply for a hearing services voucher, you may either:
- get an application form from us at Falls of Sound, who is contracted to the Office of Hearing Services;
- telephone 1800 500 726 (phone) and provide your postal address, and an application form will be posted to you; or
- download the application form Voucher_application
Current OHS (Office of Hearing Services) Voucher holders?
If you currently receive free hearing services from another hearing provider and would like to receive these services from Falls of Sound, you need to do the following:
- Ring the Office of Hearing Services on 1800 500 726 and request a relocation letter.
- The Office of Hearing Services will provide you with all the information you need, they will ask for a reason why you would like to change such as easier location, better service etc…
- Once you have received your letter from the Office of Hearing Services, call us so that we can make you an appointment and arrange the transfer of your file or just come in!